Saturday 23 November 2013

Loosey Goosey





I've been getting lately into the process of things, not so much the finished product where I do try to go for tight finishes (fail at it), but I am really enjoying the process and creation of gestures and thumbnails, and I feel it's really helped me communicate better with my instructors on how I want and it's sped up my projects cause of that communication. 

The stuff above was from a sketchbook that I lost. MUAHAHAHA

The stuff below is from a sketchbook I couldn't sink into, but now that I've found a direction I want to develop and pursue, it's proving to be quite adequate for this gestural approach that I like. I'm making use of the size and the paper type to throw together heavier inks.

Matteo Scalera is an INTENSE inspiration right now, I love his work, and you guys should all buy Black Science, his comic that came out today.





2 comments:

  1. Keep it up! i really like your transit sketch and your first one reminds me of NEMIRI the one you showed me before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S CAUSE THE FIRST ONE IS A COMPLETE COPY, BUT WORSE. I want to copy more of his drawings actually haha get a larger understanding of his work, I am in love with it.

    I came to the conclusion while writing this, that although.... it doesn't look like much now it really does excite me and makes me want to sketch more so I think this is a good direction/concept to develop!

    ReplyDelete