Friday 28 February 2014

Gestural Warms

mmmm Gestural warms......




The bookstore at my college ran out of cool gray pisma markers, thank god for that. I got the warms instead and I am head over heels in love with them! 



The Flame Prince, or so I shall call him, he's a 6 year old prince that mysteriously got turned into a fire entity, waking up to find that he burnt his whole castle down while he's sleeping, he's just like a child, angry, stubborn, confused, easily persuaded, and a fire safety hazard.


Gestural abstract things.


Skinnier Flame Prince.



Might take an extra step, but in my sketchbook these are abit more red, next batch I might put a color filter on them to get something closer to what's in my sketchbook.


Fortress of Solitude

I always feel a push and pull when I approach my work (still feels weird to call it that, all official and shit.) but something that always comes natural and fun is gestural sketches, it takes a lot of thought and consideration out of the window and kind of like the blob game (You fill in a blob with a colored marker, or brush and make something out of it) I make random gestures with my hand and try to produce something out of it, some times it doesn't turn out, these are the ones that I did enjoy though!



No comments:

Post a Comment