Thursday 25 June 2015

Alive and well

Coming out of the fog that is post-graduate burn out, I feel like I'm starting from ground zero again in terms of skill, motivation, and interest. The only benefit of this is that after graduating from ACAD I have a better eye for things (just need the skills to catch up), and with this I also have time to hone in on areas that I find more appealing than what I could do within the confines of projects laid out in my design program.


All these drawings are studies from the first Monster Hunter artbook!




Definitely have a long way to go, but copying from the art book is proving to be a good drawing excercise / warm up for me, gives me the warm up I need and confidence to go on to bigger personal things. It's important to not copy the image line by line, that way a piece of your interpretation comes through and the work still looks like it had a bit of your hand in it. Just some thoughts on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment