Saturday 16 March 2013

Animation Concepts

Animation concepts! We have to create a character for a walk cycle and right away I wanted to do a robot that is Ashley Wood-esque. So the first 3 being pretty based off of him, but cuter....

The concept for these is that this is in the future, coming from a time that lots of war has ended but there's just still lots of weapons and tanks left over, so what do the people do? They built home appliances that they need out of the tanks. So it's this concrete, solid, military look, but all they do is cut grass. I think I'm going with the last one, Mr. Pepper Shaker.

Any updates to this project (it's a 3 week project) I will post on this entry!



So this one is talking about how it'll look when it's cutting grass, the actual colors I"m thinking to be more Ashley Wood-esque, so burnt siennas basically. I'm abit stuck on how to design it for animation, especially in a side profile view. So I'll be thinking about it some more while I'm at the bar watching UFC 158 LOL

Go GSP.

Update: So GSP just dominated him on the ground and jabbing Nick Diaz's face off, Nick Diaz still believes he can beat him and wants a rematch (if he doesn't get this he will retired....again?)

I want texture added to the robot, so I am using Dan Luvisi's hair brush to had that scratchy texture. I took off the pepper shaker head, just to make it more simpler...not too sure, we'll see how it goes during crit the next day.




2 comments:

  1. Looking pretty spiffy! I like the one besides pepper shaker haha looks garden-gnomey. Pepper shaker looks kinda inflexible to cut grass haha. some suggestions that may or may not be helpful is like what if its head came off and started cutting grass or like its razors come out of its middle of the body so its perpendicular to the ground
    or it can hover and cut grass at a perpendicular angle
    because i think the angle of the blades in the first one is a bit odd that its angled to cut grass, like im not sure how the grass would look like afterwards haha
    but it could be an interesting approach if you exploited the angled blades more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try that out Yunbun! Thanks! It's a pretty fun project :D Nice job updating yourself BTW! So much stuff... haha I feel like I should make the most out of each post haha.

    ReplyDelete