Wednesday 13 March 2013

Model1 WIP


Skipped out on school work to watch anime and draw this during the night. Phofind to was taken from a friend of a friend's.... I've saved some of her stuff on facebook, link her back when I  beffind out who it is. I saw a video of this guy doing a self-portrait of himself in the style of Jana Schirmer (god help my spelling) and it took him an HOUR! So naturally "if he can do it, then I can too! Eventually."

Watching his 4 minute video seriously made me pick up digital painting, and I'm starting with monochrome first before I dive into the complex world of colors (they scare me). I am just loving the freedom and fail-alot environment of photoshop digital.

Working on this on my laptop, while at school on the Mac Pro x Cintiq, I'm doing a self-portrait for my FB.

More to come!
Abit lost on how I should go about this next, I guess more blocking in of values before complete rendering/blending but I"m just scared of ruining what I got? Working on this at school on the cintiq while the one above is on a small Intuos 3, both I'm thinking are weekly projects.

More to come!

2 comments:

  1. It helps a lot to use a reference for proportions, like the eye or size of the forehead. For the lady above you can notice the spacing between the eyebrow and the eye is too narrow. The chin looks too round, kinda like a cartoon chin haha, you can notice in the picture it has slight planes in the chin. For both paintings, look at the negative space of the face. For the girl you can see its relationship from the eye to the nose, I imagine the distance of an imaginary line or the angle between the eye and the nose. For your self portrait the outside contour of the face should be closer to the mouth.

    : D keep it up!! hope it was helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Alex! You're inspiring me to get back to blogging again! Keep up the good work buddy! I see improvement every time :)

    ReplyDelete