Wednesday 27 March 2013

Robin

We'll see where this one goes, I often see some quick paintings where the colors seem like they're slapped on by because the colors are so EXACT it looks real despite the painterly style.

I'll spend my time on this one trying to understand that.... or spend little time?



So last week the epic man came back again, however what few skills I have at life drawing were not present at all that day.

Sad Face.



This was done yesterday. I went with Esi (www.esijohnson.wordpress.com) to it and I decided to bring my new woodless (Progresso) pencil crayons and a cheap toned paper sketchbook (Strathmore, smooth toned paper, $6.50)

AND I LOVED IT. I'm still getting used to the idea of the paper filling in some of the mid value and where to apply white and where to blend, but I will DEFINITELY pursue this further. Since the sketchbook isn't entirely too big, it was one page per 5-10-15 minute poses. Life drawing is one way to fill up one of these toned sketchbooks QUICK. I can see myself having a collection of these things so cheap and fun to use.



Apologize for the scans, the scanner prefers to keep the coiled ring rather than the couple of centimeters of paper it decided to cut off.


Warm ups



Used a pen I got from jetpens.com I saw some pictures from facebook of this guys' life drawing pictures and I'm going to now use the pen more to get clean figure studies, how long that will take... Forever probs. But I'll get there!



One of my favorite ones of the night, I don't have glasses so I can't see the facial features at all. LOL


More to come from life drawing as well as the robin stuff! All in due time.

Keep drawing! 


Update: Retarded ass scanner. I'll render this up 5 notches when I get home with some white conte/pencil crayon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment