Sunday 9 September 2012

Just Like a Star

Hey how are you?

I've been busy. Busy is a great thing to be. There are plenty of sacrifices though.

This mellow mood is fits my wind down mood.

I've been sketching a lot, as I was sketching I wanted to combine my love of anime and drawing into something more literal. Allow me to reiterate, or.... reanimate? I've been wanting to do anime reviews for so long now, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Partly I believe because, I just don't want to be another anime blog website with a nice banner and screen shots (I do enjoy looking at those blogs every now and then I admit). 

But I love drawing, a lot. More than ever. I feel like my hand wants to devour the world with all that it holds and knows. I feel like my left hand wants to experience things that only it can experience.

So why don't I make anime video reviews, but... not so much a review... but a reanimation? A video of me retelling the story (some serious, some funny) and what makes that story/anime so interesting [or completely terrible] and while I do it some scenes from the anime I can animate myself, some would be a trace over, some would be my version of seeing/explaining it. 

This is a lot of work. 

Especially keeping up with my course work (which I'm doing not so bad of a job btw) and still doing my own personal sketching. 

But I just feel this is just fresh idea, that may or may not catch on. Instead of doing that generic review on whatever so and so on is so bishie (don't even know) or the animation was so-so, what if I could just break it down to basics and sell/destroy the anime based on retelling the story in a way that I see it? 

I'll keep it in mind though, the week starts again, and so does another 17 hour work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment