Monday 3 September 2012

So I have to go to sleep, illustration fundamentals tomorrow.

Wake up at 5:30 ish, pack and head off to school to be there at 7 and start working

That doesn't sound so bad right now because I don't have homework busting out of my bags haha. No, but I have to sleep, but before I rest my eyes I'd just like to say one thing. I never thought I could draw all day, today I didn't push 12 hours in one sitting, but drawing was about the only thing I did today.

I did a lot of drawing today.

The thought of that makes me happy.

I already feel after this weekend that I'm in a different space that I used to be, a week ago, 2 weeks ago.

The classmates in my class that are drawing like crazy really brought it out of me. Part of this sudden increase of drive is reading Malcom Gladwell's book called Outliers. It out lines the reason of success of those that are on a completely different level from the crowd.

The people that do great things.

Long story short, one of the things that greatness has to do with the time put in towards doing something great. Talent or not, time is still included in this factor of greatness. He sums it up to 10,000 hours.

10, 000 Hours? Well I have to start now, is what I'm thinking. But what about painting? Digital painting? I think about that as I'm typing this up, that's a lot of time.

Draw all the time.

You will get there, I promise you.

Now that I'm almost drawing all the time (There's this kid in my class that is the prime example of this, literally every second unless he;s eating or going to the bathroom, or looking up to talk for a quick second) I feel the great satisfaction of the pencil fitting nicely in my hand. It belongs there. With the increase of improvement, my mind goes forward towards the future, in a year, how good will I be? Where will I be? I can't see it, I don't know how much change can happen if I"m doing 12-18 hours a day on work.

I'm drawing things I didn't know I could. It's great, it's the feeling of discovery.

Shit that's more than one thing, off to bed to start another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment