Monday 4 June 2012

Sketch Round Up

Some things to share today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dou4Gy0p97Y&noredirect=1

"Kara" By Quantic Dream, it's a tech demo and a short film all nicely wrapped together.

Topic of E3 came up as I was scrolling across the IGN page looking for new games coming out (I don't play them since I don't have any of the consoles, I just like to see what game developers are doing)

But isn't that video great!?

My most favorite scene is where Kara is taking her first steps forward, and you see quite clearly that this is a very personal moment for her, overall I'm impressed how quickly I could care for a character I just saw for the first time 3 minutes prior, maybe the fact that she's good looking has to do something about it.




I've been doing a lot of figures off of www.posemaniacs.com

While none of these are from the website, I tend to branch off and want to do my own thing.

Here's to trying to get better at anatomy~!

Have you guys seen this website? I was introduced to comics by my friend at ACAD and I just can't get enough of heroes (especially drawing female heroes, addicting!) http://hero-art.blogspot.ca/2012/01/casshern.html It's a blog that dedicates to displaying other artists renditions of their favorite heroes, seems like a lot of people on the website are fans of Gatchaman, I wasn't alive during the time it was release I think...but the illustrations do make me very curious.

She may not be in the film, but she is an original avenger:




The Wasp! She's in the cartoon of the Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes, and she's so freaking hilarious, definitely will be trying to draw her later.

I think I'm kind of "done" with the sketching phase (impossible) since I want to do more full illustration pieces now. I'll try to keep this place posted! 


No comments:

Post a Comment