Sunday 24 June 2012

Plug suits and The Great Teacher Onizuka


So I think I am pretty bent on drawing more space suits, the possibilities are endless!

Arghhhhh, that wicked ass anatomy! and in a plug suit none the less! I dunno what the hell Ayanami Rei is doing, but I love how he chose to go with more of a muted eye color and browner hair color for Asuka.

After a second take I notice that she's also in high heels, there is so much I like about this picture...

I'm not creepy.

So I tried to copy the design for Mikami girl, or whatever her name was haha

Not too bad if I can say so for myself! At this point I'm thinking of how I can improve silhouettes and making my line quality more dynamic. Play with tone and try to render things now? Yeah I think that's exactly what I'm going to do, if I'm going to use a pencil. I quickly took some time to do some shading on each, but doesn't really show with the scan eh?



Random doodle, trying to do a dynamic pose, weird as hell cyclops. LOL

Videos that inspires me

How Bad Do You Want It from Greyskale Multimedia LLC

Do you have times where you're extremely motivated and then times when you're just a vegetable? Of course you do, and it's in those times that I watch these types of videos to seriously give me a kick in the ass, this life is incredibly short, let's be efficient with it.

My friend Sarah showed me this one awhile back, it spells out the struggles and learning curve to becoming an artist so well

Why do we struggle? Why do we persevere? Why... do we sacrifice? 

Hmmmmmmmm..... might be something I want to think about further for my comic... :P 

So I've been reading GTO after I finished the anime series, and over the 3 days I finished the manga where the anime left off.....

I'm going to write a large ass paragraph all for Onizuka later..... But I AM HOOKED.

No comments:

Post a Comment