Saturday 23 June 2012

Space Woman

Tight space suits, futuristic designs, women?! Pretty good combination if you ask me, I am 100% sure that I will be continuing to venture in this area, and maybe draw more of this character specifically, maybe she'll be the main character of this summer's short comic? :P

Still need to crack photoshop...
(I miss levels)
[She's shocked I'm going to be uploading more]

Good news coming up though, I've got only my finals left for spring courses! So more stuff will be put on here, and more frequently (probably 3 times as much I'm hoping)

My friend and I are starting this kind of  "art bootcamp" where for the next 8 weeks (before my VC program starts) we'll be tackling different aspects of illustration, more focused on the human figure than anything but I extremely do expect this to bring some very strong results to my art. 

We'll be working on

Lighting/Rendering
Human Anatomy
Animal Anatomy
Human Expression
Monsters
Character Design
Environmental Concepts

It sounds grand haha but it'll just be basics with the time that we have, each of those topics you could study for years haha

I'm also going to be working on a short comic (writing and thinking about it everyday, what do I want to tell? what should I say?) 

Doing a sketchbook per month

and I'm trying to figure out where I can put in digital painting practice and traditional painting practice in there, it's just going to be ALOT OF ART. 

I am in need of pho, be back soon!

Edit: Back from pho and did a quick sketch of the girl again, I'm thinking her name might be Kye-Li, not too sure, I wanted to base her off of a generic looking korean girl (pretty one that is) and as I continue to draw her I'll get a feel of her personality and what specific features she will have.

Maybe she'll be my own type of Pepper haha
Getting ready to go space harpooning!

So either I'll continue sketching her/random stuff today or work on my art trade picture with my friend orrrrrr Rapunzel.... ... ah god I should really finish that....

Stuff that I'm looking at:
My sister showed me this prolific designer Curtis Hillman who passed away battling cancer, as well as designing he had a keen interest in creating films as well.
This is a video of him interviewing Daniel Liebskind superstar architect.
EXTREMELY AWESOME.



You know I should just base my space girl off of Younha shouldn't I? 

I'll post more stuff later! Keep on rocking! 

- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment