Friday 13 September 2013

Environmental Storytelling (Project 2 - Observational)

Just keeping a process log of my project 2, learning how to do environments, good greyscales (or piece of shit ones) and then coloring from that greyscale. 







I've learned from this one enough in terms of pushing things back and pulling things forward, using texture to describe atmospheric perspective, and a bit of color. I wouldn't be too embarassed showing this tomorrow.




Although I should chill out the textures of the "trees" and flatten some of that green texture on the red rock.... and.....





I like how this one turned out, I can see the allure of painting environments now! It starts out so muddy and then eventually you have something, process is everything I've been learning lately.





Ughhhhhh organic environments are probably fun but I don't get them! But I'm calling this one done as well. LOL 



1 comment:

  1. Colors turn out so burnt and darker on macs (I use a lenovo) Need to figure out a way around this...

    ReplyDelete