Wednesday 20 February 2013

Epic Life Drawing

These gestures don't translate how excited I was to have the model that we had, he had all these props and crazy poses he was whipping out! Man it was so refreshing compared to the previous two ladies who would just stand and lean over, this guy was wicked.


Quickies, I went all blue this session, blue gel pen, blue ink, and blue lead. I worked only in my sketchbook (a new one since I lost the other one due to stupid drunkedness) so I focused mainly on shapes, thinking in 3d (hard to think about) and landmarks, as well as keeping my lines interesting.


He did some punching poses.


This guy had a whole slew of props! Teddy Bear, Pole, Ball, Chain and a couple of other things too!


Instead of intense rendering, just thinking about shapes and proportion.


Need glasses, don't even know what his face looks like. LOL



Bottom left is my favorite of the night.

More stuff to come about the League of Badasses, who knows maybe it'll be a portfolio piece....project thing..... Keep you guys posted!

Thanks for stopping by!


Update: Retarded ass scanner. I'm not going to work on this until I can grab my white conte or pencil crayon, but I'm having lots of fun with this so far, already effed up the face but s'all good, I'll just practice portraits later as well. 

2 comments:

  1. nice stuff! I like how they change up the models everywhere its interesting how they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah if they kept on using the same models I think we'd have to just lay off for awhile or go to another one.

    I wouldn't mind getting this model often than others though, could do some real studies, this guy is experienced.

    ReplyDelete