Friday 8 February 2013

Haha!... Oh shit time has passed.

I have returned! Make promises of staying? Haha! How absurd! 

Not too much has happened, I'm still enrolled into the Visual Communications program at Alberta College of Art and Design, there have been some wheels that have been turning however...

Starting this Winter semester the funding fell through (this isn't an irregular occurrence at ACAD sad to say...) to have 2 teachers teaching illustration classes, so like 6 (me being one of them) had to take a purely design course load (excluding animation class) 

I was pretty much dreading that this would happen, and man did it suck for the first couple of weeks, but the thing is....

As time went on I began to enjoy it.

WTF? Said the illustrator inside of me, "This is some BULLSHIT!"

Well, kind of is, the ideas/concepts for a design in either Communications Design and Typography don't come to me in a silver platter like they might for some kids in my class. I have to dig, and dig, and dig and dig, but when I solve the problem and get the one golden idea? 

Man does that feel good. 

I look at paragraphs, type faces, textures from the words placed on the page so different than I used to like 3 months ago!

Overall the process of developing into a well rounded artist has never felt better, although this weekend is going to be stressssssssssful! I've seriously haven't felt so happy/good in awhile. But that's besides the point, why am I updating this blog that needs a completely new overhaul in design? Well, I've developed the sketching addiction again! Here to sketch dump some pieces and then bugger off to do animations far farrrr into the night:



Today



Been TRYING (trying..) to do a weekly thing for creativity sake where I take a theme like, android women and draw that for the week, next week is assassin schoolgirls. 



Today



Been wanting to do more with ink 



Most of the poses shown here are from posemaniacs.com



trying to do stuff from memory



Going through a batman phase although I don't do batman as much as I'd like to...

SKETCH DUMP COMPLETE.


RANK: LEVEL 1




2 comments:

  1. O: you should draw batgirl as android or huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouuuuuu if only I could find my sketchbook....

      Delete